- This event has passed.
Visit of the nature reserve of Genappe 06/06
6 June - 09:00 - 11:30
Located in the heart of Genappe, the sugar factory has marked the rhythm of economic life for 134 years. The silos still dominate the landscape and bear witness to this rich industrial past. Over the years, nature has reclaimed its rights. The settling ponds have become a favourite place for many species of birds. It is the largest nature reserve in Walloon Brabant and a place where time seems to stand still. Many preserved industrial remains are still present.
The City of Genappe, in collaboration with Environnement-Dyle and the Nature and Forest Department of the Walloon Region, offers tours of the nature reserve.
You should allow about 2.5 hours for the walk. The route comprises two “loops”. You are free to stop or continue after the first loop.
- Registration required with Caroline Borremans, City of Genappe (067/79.42.73 – firstname.lastname@example.org) who will give you the meeting point.
- The Covid-19 instructions of the moment will apply. Bring a mask. You will be asked for your contact details to warn you in case of cancellation;
- Notify us if you are not coming. Often other people wait for places to become available. THANK YOU!
- Wear dark clothes, boots or good waterproof shoes;
- Dogs are not allowed;
- Binoculars are recommended.